Friday, May 29, 2009

Bluetooth… an Easy Explanation

I was sitting here listening to a little ZZ Top on my computer. Well, actually, I was listening to it on my Saitek A-250 Bluetooth speaker system which is set up on the other side of the room. Suddenly, it occurred to me that we have never really talked about what Blue Tooth is.

Bluetooth is a fantastic technology that allows us to transmit information or data from one device to another as long as both are enabled with a Bluetooth chip (radio/receiver). What does this mean for you and me? Well, it means that we no longer have to fumble around with a spider web of wires and it also means that we are no longer limited by how far a cable will reach. For example, the same speakers that I am listening to now… I can also put outside on the driveway so I can listen to music when I am washing my car.

Bluetooth is not simply for listening to music. When you have equipment that has Bluetooth technology you can do a variety of things. You can transmit a video recording from your camcorder to your television, you can print an email from your computer on the printer, or you can send a picture from your camera phone to a file in your computer without the use of any cables connecting the two. These are just a few examples to illustrate the possibilities of uses that Bluetooth can offer. In a nutshell, Bluetooth is a cable-replacement technology.

Interested in a little history lesson? The trademarked name Bluetooth is actually named after a Danish King who united and controlled Norway and Denmark. His love for blueberries and his over indulgence over time turned his pearly whites into blue stained teeth. Hence, the name Bluetooth.

So cut the strings and start living life wire free. You will be surprised to see how many tech items you purchase will be enabled with this technology.

If you’re interested in learning more technical aspects of Bluetooth, I have included in this blog a link that will take you to a tutorial overview of what Bluetooth is all about.

http://www.palowireless.com/infotooth/tutorial.asp

Best,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment