Friday, March 27, 2009

Blueray: What the Heck?!

Blue Ray DVD? What is this phenomenon that is taking over the DVD, Video Game, P.C., and Music Industry by storm? I have to admit I feel a little behind the eight ball when it comes to this product. I try to stay abreast when it comes to technology and until recently it seemed that this was a product that I couldn’t afford to experience. But now that prices have come down significantly, I think the biggest obstacle isn’t how much but …which one?

I love movies! (You could give me almost any quote and I could tell you from which movie it came. I have watched way too many movies!) However, maybe I am stuck in the 20th century when it comes to Blue Ray. Can anybody help me with this question: Why is Blue Ray so great?

I have done some research and I have discovered that a Blue Ray capable disc can store about five times more video content than that of an ordinary DVD (or CD.) I also learned that its name is derived from the blue violet laser that it uses which actually has a shorter wavelength than that of the “Old School” (not the movie!) DVD players of the past. http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

I heard that because more data can be stored, it actually makes viewing and listening a totally different experience! Is this true? Those of you that have had experience with Blue Ray-- is it worth the upgrade?

I have always taken great pride in my movie collection and sound system and although I don’t have the latest and greatest, I wouldn’t say my equipment is anything to sneer at. With that said, however, I want to maximize my viewing pleasure. Do you think that buying a Blue Ray DVD player would help with this and why? Also, does it improve the sound quality at all, or is it just the picture that receives all the kudos?

I would have to say that given the times we are living in right now, we are all spending a lot more time at home. What better way to spend your time at home than with friends and family? Watching movies is fun and entertaining and if there is something out there that can make the viewing experience even better-- I am all in.

Get back to me on this, I need some help . . .

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment